Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Eyebrow essentials


Here are some of my eyebrow essentials (I forgot to include my trusty Tweezermann slant tweezers in the pic!).  I cannot live without my Benefit Brow Zings in particular, which I've been using for almost a decade now!  I mostly use only the powder side, using a slim slant brush to fill in my brows (and a particularly stubborn patch that refuses to grow back after the ruthless 90's thin-brows craze I succumbed to).

When my last Brow Zings was almost finished I thought I'd try Hourglass's Arch Brow after seeing it in an email from Net-a-Porter, I like that I only have to use the one thing, but haven't mastered it as well as my Brow Zings (it has been a decade of practice with that after all).

Also, in the 90's I thought I was so clever in occasionally using my mascara on my brows to set it in place, and deepen it subtly.  Now I have Benefit's Gimme Brow instead, which is a lightweight gel, ever so natural, and infinitely softer than when I used to use the mascara.

What are your eyebrow essentials?

Benefit Brow Zings (pictured in 'Dark') available at Sephora, Birchbox and Adorebeauty;  Benefit Gimme Brow in Deep (available in more colours at Sephora), Hourglass Arch brow (I have the Dark Brunette) available online at Net-a-Porter and Sephora.

Picture on iPad from www.garancedore.com.

Twitter + Facebook + Peut-être magazine (Fashion Writer and Editor) + Instagram + Bloglovin' + Shop my Wardrobe


n.b. Hourglass Arch brow purchased by me, the Brow Zings and Gimme Brow were sent to me as samples (although I had been using the former for almost a decade), opinions however are honest and unbiased.

1 comment:

  1. They are so important! Thank you for sharing what you use. I go see someone in Perth (Alison Jade) for a little brow help, but thanks to the 90's thing, they do not grow very often. I have to fill them in every morning, also using a powder but do it without fail or I feel ultra unfeminine. I think perhaps it is a French thing- they really love a bold brow. I found it so inspiring when I spent time there. I will have to try your Benefit Gimme Brow trick too. Maybe for special occasions. xx Jenelle
    www.inspiringwit.com

    ReplyDelete